You need to determine your needs and the number of servings as they’re the key factors to pick the best indoor smokeless grill. And the power range is also important!
In this article, our experts are going to share their experience, tips, and recommendations to help you figure out which is the right one. Read on!
- Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 25600 – Best overall
- Magic-Mill Electric Smokeless Grill – Best for small families
- George Foreman 15-Serving GGR50B – Best for big families
- Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill – Best for searing
- Zojirushi EB-CC15 – Best for grilling steaks
- Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill – Most durable
Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 25600 – Best overall
- 3 in 1 cooking versatility: indoor BBQ grill, grill/griddle, and bacon cooker. Cook burgers, chicken, steak, fish or vegetables just like you would on a traditional grill or open 180 degrees to make eggs, pancakes and bacon for breakfast.
- Easy, no mess bacon cooker: make your bacon crispy and delicious without any messy splatters and no Turning. Just flip the kickstand to elevate the grill for easy bacon cooking and better grease drainage and delicious results.
- Serves up to 6 or more: family sized 100 square inch surface can grill up to 6 servings at once or double the size by opening flat so you can grill on one side and griddle on the other.
- Adjustable temperature control: allows for cooking at low or high heat settings Up to 400 degrees. The preheat light will come on when the unit is heated.
- Versatile and multifunctional - Can work as a bacon cooker, an indoor grill, and a grill
- Cook bacon and drain grease more easily - Feature a kickstand
- Ultra-convenient - Feature a preheat light to tell you when it is heated
- The window can’t be removed to clean the inside
- Short power cord - limited in location for use
We love it for cooking crispy bacon, vegetables, fish, chicken, and burgers or grilling steaks with restaurant-quality results. The 3-in-1 design makes it ultra-versatile than other counterparts at the same price point and importantly, no messy splatters nor turning needed.
All you need to do is elevating the kickstand to help for grease drainage and easier bacon cooking. In addition, all drip tray and plates are nonstick and removable so cleaning won’t be a matter, either.
Hamilton Beach 25600 allows you to adjust the temperature within 0-400 degrees and when the unit is heated, its preheat light will turn on. So convenient!
|Dimension||13.9 x 7.2 x 16.9 inches|
|Cooking Size||100 square inches|
|Highlight Features||3-in-1 cooking versatility; Feature a kickstand|
Highlighting 3-in-1 construction, the Hamilton Beach 25600 can give more than what you bargained for without breaking the bank.
Magic-Mill Electric Smokeless Grill – Best for small families
- ♨ 2 IN 1 HEALTHY ALUMINUM NON-STICK GRILL & GRIDDLE – Use the griddle pan to make perfect pancakes, fried eggs or French toast for a scrumptious Sunday morning breakfast. The non-stick grill grate is ideal for grilling anything else – steaks, burgers, vegetable, kababs or fish. Your food will be grilled to perfection under the high temperature from the infrared heat with authentic BBQ grill marks and a great flavor
- ♨ PRECISE HEAT TEMPERATURE CONTROL – Unlike other models that do not allow temperature control, this indoor electric grill has an accurate digital temperature control from 180 F to 480 F. Cook, sizzle grill or sear your food to absolute perfection, adjusting the temperature as needed. There is also a cooking timer that you can set and walk away until your food is done.
- ♨ BUILT IN FAN FOR A SMOKE LESS INDOOR BBQ – Don’t get rained out on your family cookout, or forgo grilling due to lack of space or no charcoal or gas grill rules in your condo, simply use an indoor smokeless grill. The unique built-in fan system gets rid of smoke and stops oil diffusing into the air. You can now grill all your food indoors without the smell of smoke polluting your entire apartment or home.
- ♨ LEAN GRILLING FOR HEALTHIER MEALS – Instead of using a grill pan or frying pan that lets your food sit in the oil and absorb all the fat, this infrared grill will has nonstick plates which collect and drain any excess grease into a removable drip tray. This allows you to keep the flavor in and the fat out for healthier, leaner and delicious cooking.
- Boost the food tastes - Deliver accurate temperature within 180 to 480 degrees F
- User-friendly and no babysitting - Allow for time setting from 1 to 60 minutes & easy to setup
- No smell of smoke or oil in your apartment - Eliminate smoke efficiently
- The plates are excellently nonstick so you should add more oil before using it
- No temperature guide
While the cooking surface is roomy to serve 3 to 5 people at a time, it can help you with multiple cooking tasks, such as grilling fish, kababs, vegetables, burgers, and steaks or making French toast, fried eggs, and pancakes.
Lots of customers gave great feedbacks for its tasty flavor, which (we think) is a big thank you to the precise digital temperature control.
You can adjust it from 180 to 480 degrees F depending on which recipes you want to make.
Foods will be grilled under high temperature from the infrared heat with beautiful BBQ grill marks while the built-in fan helps stop oil diffusing into your home so, no smell of smoke at all.
|Dimension||20.5′ L 12″ W 4″ H|
|Cooking Size||13.6″x 9.5″|
|Highlight Features||Provide a timer; Deliver accurate temperature within 180 to 480 degrees F|
As being built to do varied cooking tasks with simplicity and convenience, the Magic-Mill Electric Smokeless Grill will help create more delicious recipes for your family without being time-consuming.
George Foreman 15-Serving GGR50B – Best for big families
- 15+ Servings - It’s tailgate time! The 240 square inches of circular grilling surface lets you make over 15 servings for large groups of people
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There’s a lot to love about this nonstick coating; it’s durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil
- Indoor/Outdoor Removable Stand - Don’t let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time
- Adjustable Temperature Control - The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
- Offer 15+ servings - Features a powerful 1400W motor and 240-sq.in. cooking surface
- Cook different recipes - Provides 5 heat setting adjustments for precise heat
- Flexibility – The stand is removable to make it a compact countertop grill
- Make food tastier and juicier - The semicircle-shaped lid helps keep moisture in the food when grilling
- Just provide one plate, you’ll need to wash it regularly if grilling a huge quantity of food
- The manual instructions are unclear
- No place to hang or set grilling tools on it
There are many to love about this model, such as its 240 square inches of grilling area, the 1400W motor, and 5 heat setting adjustments.
The biggest selling point is you can transform it into a countertop unit, just by removing the grill stand.
The semicircle-shaped lid is another worth-mentioning feature as it keeps your grilled food from escaping moisture and becoming too dried. In other words, closing this lid when grilling helps it juicier and tastier.
|Dimension||22.2 x 20.5 x 13 inches|
|Cooking Size||240 square inches|
|Highlight Features||240 square inches of circular grilling surface|
George Foreman 15-serving Grill is really a life-saver for apartment owners who really love holding BBQ parties but don’t have a backyard for that. With it, just rest the heart that your friends, colleagues, or relatives don’t have to wait for their grilled food.
Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill – Best for searing
- Advanced infrared technology and special reflectors guide heat to the indoor grills cooking grid for delicious, evenly grilled food. The drip tray underneath remains cool so there is virtually no smoke.
- No need to adjust the heat. The indoor grill quickly heats up to a consistent 446°F, the optimal temperature for cooking and searing your favorite meat, poultry and fish leaving it juicy and tender on the inside.
- The electric grill ensures food is not cooked into its own grease and the fat is separated during grilling ; Voltage: 120 V
- Clean up your electric grill in less than a minute!. Either wipe the grid clean or place it in the dishwasher. Cleaning a grill has never been easier.
- Excellent heat retention & simple to use - No heat adjustment
- Optimal and convenient - two grilling pieces for different types of food
- Allow for warming food but don’t dry them - Have the “keep warm” function
- Limited in the number of cooking tasks and types of food it can do as the heat isn’t adjustable
It requires no heat adjustment at all because the machine can rapidly heat up to 446 degrees F and keep it consistent for optimal temperature. For grilling, cooking, or searing, it locks in juices and flavors efficiently in the food for authentic tender outdoor taste.
We appreciate that there are two grill pieces provided in this package, one for veggies and the other for larger pieces.
It also comes with the “keep warm” function and the highlight point is your food doesn’t dry out afterward so if you want to save some to eat later, just rest the heart that they’re still tasteful.
|Dimension||7.5 x 21.9 x 16.9 inches|
|Cooking Size||13-1/2″ in length and 8″ in width|
|Highlight Features||No heat adjustment; two grilling pieces provided; Have the “keep warm” function|
Bone-dried grilled food might be a nightmare of many BBQ fans but with the Philips Smokeless Grill, it doesn’t happen anymore.
Zojirushi EB-CC15 – Best for grilling steaks
- Ideal for grilling steaks, chicken, fish, burgers, and vegetables indoors
- Nonstick grill surface measures 12-1/2 by 9-1/4 inches
- Variable heat control; cool-touch handles and housing
- Disassembles easily for cleaning; dishwasher-safe drip tray
- Deliver excellent taste of steaks with crispiness on the outside and tenderness in the inside
- Safe to use - thanks to the cool touch handle & base design
- A bit harder to clean than a frying pan
- Not ideal for family or gathering due to its limited cooking area
It gives slight yet very light crispiness to the outer layer of the steak whereas the inside is super-tender and juicy, just like how it is when cooked on an outdoor grill. Aside from steaks, the heat is excellent to sear other meat to lock juices inside.
You can adjust it within 176 to 410 degrees F.
Its safety level gets a big bonus from our scoring.
Despite how high of the temperature chosen beforehand, you don’t have to wait until it’s cooler to carry around since both the handles and the base is ultimately cool to touch.
|Dimension||12-5/8 x 18-3/4 x 3-inches|
|Cooking Size||12-1/2 by 9-1/4 inches|
|Highlight Features||cool touch handle & base design|
If you’re a big fan of steaks and fried eggs for breakfasts, Zojirushi EB-CC15 might be what you’re after.
Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill – Most durable
- GRILLED FLAVOR, LESS SMOKE: This grill produces less smoke than traditional indoor grills, so you can enjoy perfectly grilled food year-round without having to brave the cold weather. To achieve that perfectly smoke-free grilling indoors, the water tray must be filled with water between the minimum and maximum line. The water instantly cools the grease that falls on it, preventing it from sticking to the tray or from smoking.
- COOKING IN THE ZONE: The temperature on this grill varies by heat zone, so you can cook anything and everything just the way you like! With an extra-large cooking surface, you can cook multiple foods at the same time for a complete meal. Control knob goes from warm to sear, which allows for cooking a variety of food; grilled veggies, burgers, steak, chicken, fish and more!
- EASY TO CLEAN: Non-stick surface ensures meals will slide off the grill and onto your plate with ease. Disassembles for easy cleaning; grill top and non-stick water tray are removable and dishwasher safe so cleanup is as easy as grilling!
- SAFETY FEATURES: No dangerous fumes, cool-touch handles and overheat auto shut-off protection offer added safety so you can cook without worry, 1120 Watts and 120 Volts.Cord Length : 33.75 inch
- Superb safety levels and long-lasting durability - Meet CETL standards
- Help prepare meals faster & convenient - The cooking surface is divided into 3 zones with different heat ranges to cook multiple kinds of food at a time
- Easy to clean - The nonstick trays and plates & a water tray added between the minimum and maximum line
- Time-taking to cook boned meat
Plus, the grilling area is expanded to 150 square inches, enough for 5-7 servings.
The cool thing is a water tray provided between the minimum and maximum line to avoid sticking plates, therefore, they’re truly easy to clean.
We also realize that not just features a cool-touch design in the handles and the base but it also CETL approved with advanced safety technology. That means for longer-lasting durability.
|Dimension||20.8 x 10.2 x 3.5 inches|
|Cooking Size||9″ x 13.5″.|
|Highlight Features||Meet CETL standards; The cooking surface is divided into 3 zones with different heat ranges; a water tray added|
Want to get a highly valuable indoor grill for log time usage? Look no further!
How to choose the best indoor smokeless grill?
The number of people you will serve
This is key to choose the right cooking surface of your desired indoor grill.
Why do I just go for the largest unit?
Good question! There are several reasons why it’d better go for a reasonable size when considering a grill size:
- The bigger the unit, the costlier
- Big indoor grills commonly take place, which is not suitable for narrowed kitchens or apartments
If that is just a small group of people, from 2 to 4 individuals, we highly recommend an indoor grill of 100 to 150 square inches’ cooking area.
For small parties or families, between 5 and 9 persons, 160 to 200 square inches are ideal. And finally, for big crowds and parties of 10 people or more, you should choose a grill sizing over 200 square inches.
Bonus: We highly recommend placing your indoor grill on a countertop in your kitchen and make sure there’s no flammable material near it (at least within 40 inches of distance).
This element effects on several things on a grill’s performance, such as:
- How much time does it take to reach the desired heat?
- The quantity of food it can cook at a time
- Number of servings
- Price tag
The measuring unit of indoor grills’ power is the watt (or W). The lower the wattage, the higher the cost efficiency but it will take more time to cook food.
From our experts’ advice, a 1000W-1200W is ideal for standard indoor grillings, like burgers, steaks, and veggies. But if your needs are more, 1300W to 1700W of a grill’s power is good to go.
You should consider carefully between the time-saving and the price tag to determine which is more important before making a decision.
Another vital feature!
Some models allow you to adjust its heat while others don’t – they will heat up to a certain temperature and keep it consistent at that level. To find out which to choose, you should think about the kinds of food you will cook.
If it’s just steaks, eggs, burgers, and some veggies, it’s no need to pick a grill with multiple heat settings. But if there are also fish, pancakes, French toasts, chicken, kababs, and more in your grilling item list, think about the first choice – a grill with several heat controls.
The more the kinds of food to grill, the more heat settings there should be.
Who makes the best indoor smokeless grill?
Known as one of the first American distributors of home appliances, Hamilton Beach is one of the most sought-after brands in the world. Founded in 1910, it is favorited for high-quality products at the best price range.
A bit different from Hamilton Beach, this brand is well-known within the United States for kitchen appliances, including indoor grills.
The brand is reputable for its signature integrated ecosystem of innovative hardware, incredible content, and intuitive software to help you master the art of grilling.
How does a smokeless indoor grill work?
The grilling task is completed by an infrared heating technology with a built-in smoke extractor that while cooking the food, smoke will be withdrawn through the vent into the unit. So, it can’t escape into the air.
How do you clean the power of a smokeless grill?
You can choose to wash it either by hand or dishwasher. All smokeless grills are made of dishwasher-safe components and materials so you don’t have to scrub them.
If you intend to wash them manually, a few drops of mild dish soap liquids and warm water are needed.
How do you turn on the power smokeless grill?
Turning on the power of your smokeless grill is very easy, this short tutorial video will show you how:
What temperature do you cook steak on a smokeless grill?
For rare steaks, 120-125 degrees F are perfect and for medium-rare steaks, leverage the heat up to 125-130 degrees.
Is the power smokeless grill really smokeless?
It depends on the quality of the one you choose.
In general, a good smokeless grill can eliminate almost to completely smoke from grilling through its smoke extractor. You can rely on some technical information to examine how good it is at withdrawing smoke, such as CETL standards.
Before proceeding to choose the best indoor smokeless grill, getting to know what you need and your budget is always important. Above are all pieces of information to keep in mind. Simple, right?
And we promise the 6 provided picks were meticulously selected from the market at the best price point. So, just count on them and pick one!