What you define “reliable washing machines”?
Should they be able to wash your laundry quickly, effectively, and, above all, efficiently?
If so, below are the top 9 most reliable washing machines that we’ve spent hours of extensive searching to round up, based on different experts’ advice:
- OKVAC Portable Washing Machine – Best overall
- Kenmore 5.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washer – Largest capacity
- Magic Chef White MCSTCW09W1 – Compact design
- GE GFW450SSMWW – Most powerful
- LG WM3997HWA Ventless Washer/Dryer Combination – 2-in-1
- Kenmore 41072 Washer – Largest capacity
- COSTWAY Washing Machine – Best overall
- KUPPET Compact Twin Tub Portable Mini Washing Machine – Largest capacity
- ROVSUN Portable Washing Machine – Most portable
Most reliable top-load washing machines
- Most reliable top-load washing machines
- Most reliable front-load washing machines
- Most reliable portable twin tub washing machines
- How to choose the most reliable washing machine?
- Who makes the most reliable washing machines?
OKVAC Portable Washing Machine – Best overall
- Built with gravity drain so you don’t need a drain pump at all – minimal setup
- Portable yet full-automatic operating that doesn’t require extra legwork after washing
- Equipped with Child Safe Lock for safety
- Buttons are located on the front and center of the machine so you can easily reach them
- It can’t be self-handling the unbalanced laundry distribution, you should take note of this issue
It means there’s no need for a drain pump or stuff like that, which makes the washer itself even neater.
But don’t mislead about its inner tube capacity.
You’ll be amazed that it can deliver up to 8 pounds of loading. In addition, are 8 programming options to choose from and all working status is well presented on a visual LED screen.
Two big bonuses we appreciate the most about this portable washer are first, the Child Safe Lock to keep little children from playing with it and secondly, are the buttons.
They are normally banished to the back panel on the top loaders but here, they are on the front and center of the machine, implying that shorter folks don’t have to stretch anymore to have it worked.
|Dimension||18.1″x 18.3″x 30.7″(L x W x H)|
|Installation Type||Top loading|
|Wash/spin Capacity||8 pounds|
|Max Operating Time||40-45 minutes|
|Highlight Features||Wash and Spin 2-in-1 8lbs Capacity; equipped with gravity drain; full-automatic washer: 8 preset programs|
Finally, we have found out the perfect-all-kill portable washing machine that can fit anywhere around the house while working like a beast. It’s this OKVAC machine!
Kenmore 5.3 cu. ft. Top Load Washer – Largest capacity
- Offer 5.3 cubic feet of laundry loading capacity to hold up well most weights of clothes
- It has an auto-adjust option to fill just enough water needed to be based on the laundry load -> save more
- Equipped with Triple Action Impeller and StainBoost option that can remove most stubborn stains with gentle care for thorough cleaning capability
- Buttons are located on the back of the panel + deeper tub design, it’s difficult for shorter guys to use it
- Won’t fit well on super-tight spots
Born with aim to deliver an impeccable compromise of compact design and large capacity, here is its first-class top-loader featuring 5.3 cubic feet.
Thanks to a mega-capacity tub, there’s no load this powerful washer can’t handle and its Deep Fill option will automatically adjust the water levels due to the laundry load quantity. This helps you optimize the amount of water usage to save more.
It also aced our cleaning tests.
The Triple Action Impeller in addition to the StainBoost option makes it capably get rid of the toughest stains with the gentlest care. And as a result, your clothes will be thoroughly clean with less wear and tear.
|Dimension||27.9 x 27.5 x 38 inches|
|Wash/spin Capacity||5.3 cu. ft.|
|Max Operating Time||40-45 minutes|
|Highlight Features||5.3 cu.ft. Maximum Spin Speed (rpm): 950. Water Factor: 4.30.Height with Lid Open (inches) 57 Inches|
It’s usually nerve-cracking for families to choose a washing machine because of their overload quantity of laundry, but with this Kenmore, you can rest the heart.
Magic Chef White MCSTCW09W1 – Compact design
- Super-compact – only 20.5 x 20.5 x 33.1 inches – to fit in any narrow spots with ease
- Auto shutoff and auto unbalanced detection for safety and quieter operation
- Adjustable legs and see-through lid for extra convenience
- A little bit short hoses
- Can’t handle heavy, bulky items like comforters
It highlights an incredibly compact design of 20.5 x 20.5 x 33.1 inches – that makes the washer super-easy to be placed in any free space available around the house, no matter how narrow it is.
As a bonus, it is ultra-lightweight and convenient.
Aside from small additional benefits such as adjustable legs and see-through lid for easier tracking of the water status, we really like automatic unbalanced detection.
This can self-adjust unbalanced distribution like a breeze that you can rest assured after tossing all dirty clothes into.
|Dimension||20.5 x 20.5 x 33.1 inches|
|Wash/spin Capacity||0.9 cu. ft.|
|Max Operating Time||30 -54 minutes|
|Highlight Features||5 Wash Cycles; 3 Water Levels; Electronic Controls with Digital Display|
Packed with lots of convenient features and above all, ultra-compact silhouette, the Magic Chef White MCSTCW09W1 is our recommendation for small houses, dorms, and condos.
Most reliable front-load washing machines
GE GFW450SSMWW – Most Powerful
- Added an inner water heat to kill 99.9% of bacteria – safer to use for families with little kids or allergic people
- Powerful to easily remove any stains, from blood, wine, and dirt
- Helpful instruction and easy to install
- Big and bulky
- You can’t control the water levels
It emphasizes an internal water heater to boost the wash temperature, which means your clothes will be washed more cleanly with the highest sanitization – up to 99.9% of bacteria. This addition is a good choice for families with little kids or allergic people.
We’re also pleased with the roomy capacity inner space of this washer, 4.5 cubic feet, biggest load are 2 sets of comforters with no difficulty.
The water levels will be auto-adjusted and the end cycle signal will tell you when to open the lid, preventing the unnecessary water spilling out.
|Dimension||33.5 x 27 x 39.8 inches|
|Wash/spin Capacity||4. 5 cu. ft.|
|Max Operating Time||15-20 minutes|
|Highlight Features||4.5 Cu. Ft. Capacity; Internal water heater; Sanitize with ox that kills 99. 9% of bacteria in your clothing|
Roomy load capacity and inner water heater added, the GE GFW450SSMWW is much more of a powerful front-loader.
LG WM3997HWA Ventless Washer/Dryer Combination – 2-in-1
- Take 20 minutes shorter for washing compared to other counterparts at the same heavy load
- Don’t need external venting, perfect for vacation homes, businesses, and apartments
- The internal water heater is NSF-certified for safety
- Run whisper-silent
- Eat up much time for drying – up to 120 minutes
Equipped with anti-rust stainless-steel drum direct motor, the washer can hold up well both cold and hot water without burning or unpleasant odors.
The best thing is, its inner water heater is NSF-certified so you can rest assured to use it.
We also feel comfortable with the minimal noisy tub movement – unlike most washer dryer combos – thanks to its built-in TrueBalance Anti-Vibration System. As such, it’s worth a try for people who are sensitive to loud noise.
|Dimension||30 x 27 x 39 inches|
|Wash/spin Capacity||4.3 Cu. Ft.|
|Max Operating Time||60 – 120 minutes|
|Highlight Features||plugs into 110 Volt, hot and cold water; 4.2 cu. ft. ultra-large|
If you’re in search of the best 2-in-1 front loader, don’t hesitate to pick the LG WM3997HWA Ventless Washer/Dryer Combination.
Kenmore 41072 Washer – Largest capacity
- Can handle big-sized comforters, hampers of laundry, and loads of towels easily
- Give customized care to different clothes for thoroughly cleaning ability with less wear and tear
- Equipped with Kids Wear Cycle option – ultimately safe for toddlers
- No smart functionality with this machine
- Rattle when going into and coming out of the spin cycle
- Slow wash cycles
It is a front-loader designed with most programming options, including 5 spin speeds, 5 water temperatures, 5 soil levels, and 9 custom cycles. There is also a visual LED touch-button control panel that you can easily track and control various indicators.
What we like the most is its Kids Wear Cycle option.
It uses hot steam power to clean most stains and kill bacteria the run a 2nd rinse cycle to make sure all clothes are free of detergents.
|Dimension||33.9 x 29 x 40.8 inches|
|Wash/spin Capacity||5.2 cubic feet|
|Max Operating Time||45 minutes|
|Highlight Features||5.2 cubic feet front-load washer; blends 6 wash motions; 9 custom cycles, 5 soil levels, 5 water temperatures, and 5 spin speed options|
The Kenmore 41072 Washer, complete with a 5.2 cu. Ft. of load capacity, various programming options, and Kids Wear Cycle mode, are designed for families with newborns or toddlers.
Most reliable portable twin tub washing machines
COSTWAY Washing Machine – Best overall
- Strong spinning and washing power to clean clothes quite well
- Lightweight for easier transport
- Can’t handle big and bulky items like towels, comforters, and coats
- As it’s a semi-automatic washer, you have to stay by the machine to stop it
It might not have as spacious tub capacity as other counterparts, however, the separate 12-pound washer and 8-pound spinner with separate timer settings are time-saving and efficient to meet different needs.
You can customize the programming for different loads and clothes, which is super-helpful to save time and energy.
We also love the minimal installation of this washer as well. It requires no complex water or electrical hookups. As such, it is ideal for RVs, motorhomes, or dorm rooms.
|Dimension||24.8 x 15 x 28.5 inches|
|Voltage||110 V / 60 Hz|
|Wash/spin Capacity||12 pounds/8 pounds|
|Max Operating Time||15 minutes/5 minutes|
|Highlight Features||260W washing power and 140W spinner power; the large capacity of 12 lbs per wash and 8 lbs per spin|
Powerful, ultra-convenient, and above all, compact, this COSTWAY twin-tub washing machine is the best option for limited spaces.
KUPPET Compact Twin Tub Portable Mini Washing Machine – Largest capacity
- Offer ultra-large washing tub and spinning tub to load more clothes quality with no difficulty
- Extended hoses for extra convenience
- Simple construction and understandable images -> user-friendly
- It will automatically begin draining when you turn on the dryer
- Hard to remove all residue dirty water
Thanks to an 18-pound washing and an 8-pound spinning tub, it can hold up well any light to medium clothes quality. The motor of this machine is also leveraged up to 1300RPM to not only save your time but also wash more cleanly.
If you are an amateur in this appliance, don’t worry, its operation is very simple to use. All you have to do is putting your dirty clothes in it, filling the water, choosing the cycle and timer, and then wait to hang dry them.
The extended hoses are another big bonus. It’s up to 20.5 inches of the drain pipe and 44.5 inches of the water pipe.
|Dimension||27.4* 16.1* 31.9 inches|
|Wash/spin Capacity||18 pounds/8 pounds|
|Max Operating Time||15 minutes/5 minutes|
|Highlight Features||Total capacity: 26lbs (washer:18lbs,spin cycle:8lbs); features a 1300RPM powerful motor with a max frequency of 60Hz|
If a large-capacity tub design is an important thing, we think the KUPPET Compact Twin-Tub Washer is the best bet for you.
ROVSUN Portable Washing Machine – Most portable
- Run quietly and less vibration so you don’t have to hold it during the cycle time
- Can stand hot water for sanitization
- Super-compact to fit any incredibly tight spots
- The drain hose is prone to leak water
- The plastic hose is hard to fit in the standard faucets
- Small load capacity
It features only 23.2”L x 13.9”W x 26.5″H with 7.9-pound washing tub and 5.5-pound spinning tub that is great for single people who just have a super-small room available for a washer. Such as counters, hotel rooms, or small RVs.
The biggest selling point is its anti-rust stainless-steel internal material, which not only keeps the washer last longer but also handles well hot water if you want to sanitize them.
While testing, we also realized that this machine works much quieter than other counterparts. It doesn’t vibrate harshly or bouncing around either so if you’re a person allergic to loud noise, pick it.
|Dimension||23.2”L x 13.9”W x 26.5″H|
|Wattage||washing 240W, spinner 120W|
|Wash/spin Capacity||washer:7.9lbs,spinner 5.5lbs|
|Max Operating Time||15 minutes/5 minutes|
|Highlight Features||the capacity of total laundry 13.4lbs(washer:7.9lbs, spinner 5.5lbs); 1300RPM motor with a voltage frequency of 110V/60HZ|
Energy-effective, ultra-compact, and less noisy, the ROVSUN Portable Washing Machine is a dream come true.
How to choose the most reliable washing machine?
Types of washing machine
As mentioned, a reliable washing machine is defined as an appliance that can help you clean clothes quickly, efficiently, and effectively. But what is “effective” in your definition?
Do you want it to be capable of removing stubborn stains or just general cleaning performance but can keep your clothes as less wears and tear as possible?
There are two main types of washing machine highlighting different strengths; so after figuring out your prioritized features, pick the one that works most effectively as you wish:
|Front-loaders||Standards||-Take a shorter time for drying|
-Use the least water
-Wash efficiently on general dirt stains with gentler force on fabrics -> less wears and tear
|-Most of them are prone to get mold|
-Some models are bouncing; you have to hold it during the cycle time
-Take longer time for washing (up to 120 minutes)
|Compact||-Usually have a stackable design that you can easily stack up a dryer on it -> space-saver|
-It can fit into most tight spaces -> ideal for small apartments, condos, dorms, and RVs.
|-Some models might vibrant, you have to hold it during the cycle time|
-Cycle times are longer for washer and spinner
-Can’t load heavy amount of laundry at the same time
|Top-loaders||Agitator||-Can remove stubborn stains but will take more time to handle them|
-Short washing time
-The least expensive than the HE top-loaders
|-Not suit for thin fabrics as this type of washer is very tough|
-Consume more water each time
-Take more time to dry the laundry
|High-efficiency (HE)||-Can remove stubborn stains|
-Bigger load capacity than the agitator top loaders
-Need less water to wash
-Work more quietly
|-Bigger capacity leads to deeper washing tubs -> might be harder for short people to reach the bottom|
-Take longer time and higher spin speed to wash
This is a good source of information where you can consult the reviews and feedback of other customers about the washer you intend to buy.
Be conscious of distinguishing between the real and fake feedback to get the most objective perspectives about it.
On Amazon, choosing “Filter By Verified Purchase Only” is the best way. This will help you filter out only reviews written by only the customers who have verified purchasing the product. In combination with reading different experts’ advice or reliable reviews websites, it will be a lot more helpful.
The chance to pick a more reliable washing machine from well-known brands will be always higher than that of an unknown one.
Two biggest things to receive when you choose to purchase from a dependable washer brand name are:
- Their years’ experience in this field results in many superior technology appliances on the products, making them perform more efficiently at better cost-effective price points.
- A good warranty provided to back the item
If you have no idea of who makes the most reliable washing machine, here are some shining examples:
Who makes the most reliable washing machines?
Founded in 1913, Kenmore is a reliable US brand of household appliances owned by Transform Holdco with over 100 years’ experience.
This is a national 85-year brand belonging to the MCA Corporation – a dependable worldwide manufacturer and marketer in the houseware industry. It offers superior value, performance, and trust without compromise.
GE stands for General Electric. It is one of the leading multinational conglomerate located in Boston, the US with 127 years’ expertise. By gross revenue, it is ranked as the 18th-largest firm in the US by the Fortune 500.
Regardless, it has received many other valuable awards, such as the Clio award and National Jefferson Award
Like GE, LG is a big multinational conglomerate corporation but it was established in 1947 and now is headquartered in South Korea.
In 2008, COSTWAY was founded as a household appliance manufacturer. Within a couple of years, it is well-known for the significant growth when cooperating with many big e-commercial retailers such as Amazon, Macy’s and Ziff Davis, and Walmart.
ROVSUN might be the youngest brand in this list but it doesn’t show any inferior aspects to other Mr. Giants. Their products are not only praised for high quality but also customer services, good warranties, and practical features.
Which is a better agitator or impeller washer?
In comparison, an impeller washer is considered better performance and higher efficiency than the agitator for two reasons:
- It offers a gentler motion to clean your clothes thoroughly with less wear and tear
- Use less water and offer higher speeds during the spin cycles
Do top load washers clean better?
A top-loading washer without agitators (or called HE top-loader) will give better cleaning performance than other types, even the top-loader with agitators. But take note that it will cost higher.
How long do top load washers last?
Averagely 14 years.
Are top load washers more reliable?
While most people think that top-loaders are MUCH more reliable than front-loaders, they are in fact just similar in the repair rates (calculated by dividing the top load units serviced by units sold in the year).
The “reliability” stuff is actually dependent on the brand.
Do top load washers get mold?
They rarely get mold problems as the construction can evaporate water out more easily than the front loaders.
We hope our critical view of the most reliable washing machines has helped you filter out the unsuitable and figure out the one that will meet your satisfaction. Thanks for reading!