Starting as the aid to plug-in vacuums for occasional spills, cordless cleaners have developed intensively to become an efficient tool for cleaning the entire house.
Thanks to their no-cord design, reaching hidden corners isn’t mission impossible anymore. Owning the most powerful cordless vacuum will minimize your time allocation to cleaning while keeping your facility clean, so you can have more time to enjoy your private life.
I’ve collected the top products from hundreds of models on the market to make a buying guide for my beloved readers. Here’s my list:
The best upright cordless vacuum
- Best for all floors – Bosch BCH625KTGB Athlet Upright Cordless Vacuum
- Best for tile – ROOMIE TEC 2 in 1 Handheld Cordless Vacuum
- Best for carpet – Hoover Air Cordless 20 Volt Upright Vacuum
The best stick cordless vacuum
- Most versatile – MOOSOO 4 in 1 Stick Handheld Vacuum
- Best for cleaning furniture – MOOSOO 2-in-1 Handheld Stick Vacuum
- Best for pet hair removal – Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum
- Best for cleaning around corners – Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum
Best upright cordless vacuums
Best for all floors – Bosch BCH625KTGB Athlet Upright Cordless Vacuum
- Experience thorough cleaning results on all floors with the highly efficient bagless-technology and all floor high-power brush
- Benefit from the extra-long 60 minute run time and short charging time: 3 hours (battery 80 Percent charged), 6 hours (battery 100 Percent charged) thanks to the durable and powerful, rechargeable batteries
- Enjoy the comfort of the Athlet thanks to its light weight, easy clean system making it easy to use, store and clean
- Operate conveniently with minimal maintenance as a result of the exceptionally powerful and unique sensor bagless technology. Weight-3 kg, 0.9 Litre usable capacity
- Thorough cleaning
- Compatible with all floor types
- Easy to clean
- Fussy shoulder trap system
- Small capacity dust bin
Besides long operation time, it gets its high suction power from the durable 25v lithium-ion battery. In the standard power setting, the machine can run long enough to clean a good-size house while in the lowest mode, it promises to last for one hour.
The high-quality, sturdy brush can work well on all types of floors, especially carpets with multiple sweeping. With the compact size and lightweight construction, the Athlet boasts impressive versatility, allowing for free movement around the house. There’s a warning light so that you can know when to wash the filter.
Also, the vacuum comes with a pack of adjustable accessories to maximize flexibility, facilitating reach to the farthest corners.
|Dimension||28.5 x 18.5 x 116 cm|
|Max suction power||1800 watts|
|Highlight features||Portable handheld option, three power levels, rechargeable battery, LED filter clean indicator.|
For those craving for quick clean-ups and spring cleans around the office, the Athlet by Bosch should be their ultimate destination.
Best for tile – ROOMIE TEC 2 in 1 Cordless Vacuum
- 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum -- easily switch upright stick vacuum to handheld vacuum at the touch of a button and tackle trodden-in dirt, dust and debris on furniture, soft furnishings, stairs and car interiors
- Powerful Suction -- 2x individual high power motors provides excellent dust pick-up ability on carpet, floor and tile.
- Long Lasting Battery -- 2200mAh Lithium battery with up to 23 minutes of uninterrupted cleaning - from just one charge.
- 6 LED Corner Lighting -- provides excellent lighting under your furnitures.
- Decent charge and run time
- Powerful to collect pet hair on low pile carpet
- Money-back guarantee
- Small dirt bin
- No HEPA filtration
As suggested by its name, the product combines the function of a stick and hand vacuum. Thus, any corner outside the bathroom and kitchen can remain thoroughly clean. In return, the machine is only powerful enough to clear up low pile carpets and bare floors.
All wheels wear rubber to minimize marks left on your flooring while the LED headlights prove useful in areas with poor visibility, such as under the furniture.
|Dimension||12 x 9.1 x 44.5 inches|
|Max suction power||6.5 KPa|
|Highlight features||2-in-1 design, 6 LED headlights, 4-stage cyclone filtration system, 180-degree rotation, auto recharge.|
If you’re looking for a lightweight and versatile vacuum to use in small to medium-sized houses, the Roomie Tech 2-in-1 model won’t let you down. It’s powerful enough to get rid of dust gathering while leaving no burden on your back.
Best for carpet – Hoover Air Cordless 20 Volt Upright Vacuum
- Lithium life battery technology provides an average of 25 minutes of fade Free battery Power on carpet and hard floors
- Wind Tunnel 3 Technology uses three channels of suction to lift and remove deep down, embedded dirt
- High Capacity, Easy empty and Easy clean dirt cup
- Includes a 2 in 1 dusting and crevice tool that cleans crevices, vents and furniture surfaces with ease
- Constant, powerful suction
- High capacity for dust
- Easy to empty and maintain
- Dusting and crevice tools incorporated
- Inconvenient to change between two brushes
The machine includes a pivoting nozzle that makes it possible to navigate around obstacles like furniture easily. Meanwhile, the wand is removable for targeted cleaning. The package comes with two batteries, each of which has a built-in LED light to show the remaining amount of power.
There’re two separate brushes for specialized functions: one swiveling dusting and one for cleaning bare floors. Thus, it’s a piece of cake to change from carpet to hard surfaces, including tile or hardwood.
|Dimension||10 x 11.5 x 44 inches|
|Max suction power||N/A|
|Highlight features||Lithium life battery technology, dual cyclone technology, reusable, easy rinse filter, 8 ft. cleaning reach, pivoting dusting tool, LED headlights.|
The Hoover Air cordless vacuum is devoted to cleaning your carpets satisfactorily if you don’t count in its mid-vacuuming bother.
Best stick cordless vacuums
Most versatile – MOOSOO 4 in 1 Vacuum
- [Super Long-lasting Battery & Powerful Suction]: Outstanding 20-35mins CORDLESS running time ensures thorough cleaning all around the house. The upgrade version provides 120-watt powerful suction to meet every cleaning demands, picks up debris and dusts, crumbs and pet hairs in minute. It performs well on all kinds of hard floors, carpet, stairs and windowsills, sofa and bed, desk and curtain, etc
- [High-efficiency Cyclone + HEPA Filtration System]: It creates a high speed rotating airflow to remove particulates from air. Plus high-density HEPA which removes up to 99.99% of microscopic dust particles as small as 0.1 microns, this vacuum cleaner provides ultimate purified air and excellent cleaning experience for every users. HEPA is washable and recyclable
- [Convenient Cordless Using + Widely Applicable Two Modes]: Wireless design makes you away from the hassle of cord and still provide up to 10000PA powerful suction to complete a thorough cleaning. 2 adjustable modes adapt to different situations and allow full use of the battery
- [Lightweight Main Machine + Detachable Battery]: The main machine weights only 3.3lb which can be equipped with different attachments for different tasks. With an ergonomic handle, people can hold the machine to finish cleaning . 2200mAh large capacity battery can be full charged in 5 hours
- Compact and elegant design
- Wide cleaning
- Easy to dump dirt
- Requires frequent maintenance
- Uneffective suction capability.
The product can work well on a diversity of terrains from the carpet floors, closets, to hardwood floors and upstairs. Moreover, it can turn into the handheld mode with the 2-in-1 brush head enclosed in the package.
An LED searchlight is attached to the floor brush head to provide an excellent visual field in dark areas while soft edge cleaning bristles pose no scratch to sofas and other upholstery while cleaning.
|Dimension||44.1 x 9 x 10.2 inches|
|Max suction power||120 watts|
|Highlight features||HEPA filtration system, LED dust searchlight, cyclonic filtration system, wall mount docking, washable filter kits.|
The MOOSOO 4-in-1 vacuum is suitable for diverse cleaning needs at an affordable price.
Best for cleaning furniture – MOOSOO 2-in-1 Vacuum
- Easy of use
- Strong suction
- Noisy operation
The LED headlight helps illuminate hidden places while the battery indicator alerts time to recharge the power. You can choose from two ways of storage, which saves space to a great extent.
The material of the construction is sustainable, lightweight, and thermal insulated, promising to serve you for a long time.
|Weight||49 x 10 x 9 inches|
|Rating power||150 watts|
|Max suction power||15 KPa|
|Highlight features||Motorized floor brush head, effective filtration system, washable and detachable HEPA filter, utility hair cleaning tool.|
With only one hand, you can let the MOOSOO 2-in-1 vacuum do the rest of dust removal from stairs, sofas to other home furniture.
Best for pet hair removal – Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of any cordless vacuum.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
- Intelligently optimizes suction and run time across all floor types. The right balance of power and run time when you need it.
- Powerful cleaning
- Great battery life
- Automatic suction adjustment
- Large capacity dirt bin
- No self-standing available.
I highly favor the whole-machine filtration, which can capture up to 99. 97% of microscopic dust particles, which comes in handy if you are raising furry pets in your house. Besides, the device can adjust the amount of suction power to fit diverse surface types, thereby saving energy and protecting your floors.
|Dimension||50.6 x 9.8 x 10.3 inches|
|Rating power||125,000 rpm|
|Max suction power||185 watts|
|Highlight features||LCD screen, unique battery power system, intelligent cleaning modes, drop-in docking, Dyson DLS system.|
The Dyson V11 Torque machine will live up to your expectations of the most powerful cordless vacuum in picking up the finest dirt.
Best for cleaning around corners – Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum
- Up to 60 minutes run time when using a non-motorized tool. Cyclone technology: 14 concentric cyclones. Filtration: advanced whole machine filtration. Cleaning path width - 9.84 inches
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Lightweight and versatile, to clean right through the home. Instant-release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Up to 40 minutes of fade-free power with the soft Roller cleaner head (in suction mode I). engineered to pick up both large debris and Fine dust
- Large bin size
- Upright performance
- Includes a fully-sealed filtration system
- Great for large homes.
- Short battery life
- No replacement battery is available
The machine uses the most powerful cleaner head of Dyson so far, known as the Torque drive cleaner head. It boasts a higher efficiency of dust removal thanks to the soft woven nylon-covered brush bar, which can capture large debris. Meanwhile, fine dust is wholly solved with anti-static carbon fiber filaments.
What sets the product apart is the digital motor V10. It is small, and light yet brings about the vast suction power on par with that of a full-size vacuum. Especially, eight attachments in the package facilitate cleaning inside the vehicle and most corners around your house.
|Dimension||9.8 x 10.1 x 49.2 inches|
|Rating power||125,000 rpm|
|Max suction power||151 watts|
|Highlight features||Transformation into a handheld vacuum cleaner, three power modes, drop-in docking, V10 digital motor, soft roller cleaner head.|
If there’re both hard floors and carpets in your house, the V10 Absolute provides an effective cleaning solution.
How to choose the most powerful cordless vacuum (buying guide)?
The most powerful cordless vacuum can facilitate quick cleaning without causing the bother of the plug socket. Its price falls into the range of $70 and $700, so to choose a proper, high-quality but affordable model is a matter of question. Here I’ve gathered some crucial criteria to help you make a better choice.
Cordless vacuum cleaners are available in three primary types:
- Stick vacuum cleaners: Given the handheld design, these cleaners are compact and convenient for daily use. The slim cleaning tube serves with floor cleaning and can turn into a handheld vacuum at will.
- Upright vacuum cleaners: Compared to the stick category, this type is more cumbersome. In return, the detachable canister allows for greater flexibility.
- Cylinder vacuum cleaners: Inspired by old-style vacuums, the cylinder version is a barrel on wheels, accompanied by a long flexible cleaning tube.
The majority of cordless vacuum cleaners are bagless, but you may find disposable dustbags in several models. They possess larger capacities for holding dust, casting away the need for frequent tidying. However, the expense of replacement dust bags can be a head-splitting problem.
The battery type and your chosen setting have many things to do with the operation time of a cordless vacuum cleaner. Lithium-ion batteries are famous for their long lifespan and support for quick charging.
You should examine battery life and charge time when setting the device on maximum and standard modes. It can take from one hour up to 16 hours to fully charge a vacuum cleaner while the maximum run time may be over an hour.
Compared to their corded counterparts, cordless vacuums can store less dust, somewhat 0.6 liters. Thus, it’s essential to empty them often. Meanwhile, you can’t avoid contacting debris and dirt more than needed since most models don’t have bags. Bagged vacuums are confined to a few designs at a higher price. However, it’s worth your investment, given their larger capacity.
In terms of weight, cordless vacuum cleaners are superior to standard ones by about 3 kg. Therefore, they make an ideal choice for those having trouble with dragging a conventional corded cleaner around the house.
Besides, balance can affect your sense of the vacuum’s weight. For example, a lightweight cordless vacuum may be more troublesome when lifting to clean high places since its whole construction lacks balance.
The handheld cleaning mode exists in most cordless vacuum cleaners, either stick or pull-out handheld vacuums. Otherwise, the cleaning tube is removable to stick to the central vacuum so that a small handheld vacuum is formed. It remarkably comes in handy when you need to clean hidden corners, for example, cars.
Due to their primary function of floor cleaning, several cordless vacuums don’t have the handheld mode. Therefore, it’s necessary to count in your need before making a purchase.
Nowadays, there are standalone handheld vacuum cleaners mainly designed for handling stairs and cars. Such choices tend to cost you less money.
Manufacturers have always try to innovate their products by adding ease-of-use features so that customers can have a better experience. For example, LED lights on the floorhead help to illuminate dark corners while the flexible cleaning tube can fit into the beneath of low furniture for tidying. Also, the built-in power trigger serves to save battery life in the sense that it requires users to hold down the power button while the machine is operating.
Some models have a battery life indicator to show how much time the device can work. Besides, the stand design varies among different vacs. Some are produced to lean against a wall, or stay put without being propped up, or mount on the wall. Choose which one most suits you based on your requirements and facilities.
Who makes the most powerful cordless vacuum?
Ranking in the top cordless brands, Dyson offers plenty of products in four core ranges from V11, V10, V8, down to V7. Upon going up the ranges, you can access more useful features, enhanced power length, and increased capacity.
A variety of options are available to choose, either Absolute, or Animal, or Total Clean modes, which include extra handheld cleaning tools, mini pet turbo cool, and more extensive accessory pack, respectively.
Over the past years, Shark has introduced cordless vacuums that make it a name on the cordless market. Their products’ price remains affordable at no expense of their premium quality. Compared to their Dyson rivalry, vacs by Shark costs several hundred pounds fewer.
Shark machines fall into two significant ranges: Shark DuoClean Cordless Upright and Shark DuoClean Flexology Cordless. Both of them have non-pet and pet versions, ready to cater for your diverse needs.
Corded vs. Cordless vacuum – Which one is better?
A: It heavily depends on your utility, intended cleaning area, storage capacity, and budget to decide which option is more beneficial. Corded vacuum cleaners boast excellent suction power, excellent dust capacity, unlimited length of use, and efficient performance but have cumbersome designs and movement restrictions.
On the other hand, cordless construction reduces the bulkiness and weight of the vac to a great extent. This model provides maneuverability, powerful cleaning, quick clean-up, and broad coverage of areas, including hard-to-reach corners. However, don’t expect too much about its limited dust capacity and high cost.
How long will a cordless vacuum last?
A: On average, a cordless vacuum can run for about 15 to 40 minutes, which is enough for carpet cleaning. If you are living in larger houses, a machine with a longer battery life may make a better choice.
Do cordless vacuums use more electricity?
A: No. While handheld corded vacuums cost users more electricity to fully charge, at around 0.19c to 0.38c per minute, their cordless version takes between 0.11c and 0.43c each time of charging. More importantly, it is up to the rate you pay for electricity.
Can I vacuum water with a cordless vacuum?
A: Regular vacuum cleaners are designed to handle dry objects, not liquids. You may risk getting electrocuted and damaging the machine severely when trying to pick up a pile of water with your vacuum cleaner. Even if you’re lucky enough to avoid electrocution, you can’t save the dirt bin from becoming a nasty mess.
There’re wet/dry vacuums to serve those emergencies. They are not so expensive and efficient to pick up water.
What if my vacuum loses suction?
A: Lost suction is a common phenomenon among cleaners, even the most powerful cordless vacuum. You don’t have to throw the machine away since it may cost you a fortune. Instead, there’re alternative ways to fix the problem.
For example, you can eliminate any significant portions of debris such as hair and paper stuck in the rollers, empty the bag entirely or even replace it upon detecting any signs of wear and tear. If the situation doesn’t improve, there’s something else you can try. A broken hose can lead to no suction, so dip the tube in soapy water, and bubbles may appear at cracks or holes.
Otherwise, the problem can stem from the jammed or broken gasket. In this case, replace these parts, and your machine will go back to normality.
It isn’t challenging to pick out the most powerful cordless vacuum as long as you know which criteria to pay attention to. Follow my guide, and you can find your desired item.
Why not share with us your experience below?