It’s great to have a high-end vacuum to handle cleaning dust and spillage around the house. But what if you don’t have a big wallet to afford a machine of that level?
Simply put, with less than two hundred bucks, you can own a vacuum bag boy to wipe off that dirt off the floor. But you may ask how serious a vac of that price can be?
Trust me! I’ve tried plenty of house vacs, and I know the best vacuums under 200 that are really phenomenal. Curious? It costs nothing just to read, why don’t you keep scrolling down.
Best canister vacuums under $200
Best Bagless vacuum – Severin Germany Nonstop Canister Vacuum
- Low-noise, bagless vacuum cleaner perfect for hard-floors and carpets; high suction performance thanks to advanced Multi-Cyclone technology.
- Ideal for those of us who suffer from allergies- contains HEPA filter- the air blown out is cleaned by filtering up to 99.95% (H13) or 99.995% (H14).The air sucked is nearly 100% free of household dust, pollen, dust mite allergens, mold, spores and odors.
- Comes with a variety of tools: XL parquet nozzle – for all types of hard floors, 3-part accessory set: upholstery / furniture /crevice nozzle in a practical cloth bag, 35” long XL-easytouch telescopic tube and 6’ XL Premium suction hose.
- Save your money as no bags are required and the vacuum comes with an efficient, lifetime filter. Vacuum waste is held in a container and it can be emptied by a press of a button.
- Quiet performance
- HEPA filter catches allergens
- Easy-to-use upright profile
- Low-volume dirt tank
- Less effective on carpet
It’s important to mention that this machine equips a HEPA filter that catches up to 99.95% dust and debris. This is ideal for those of us who suffer from allergies. More than that, it performs at a quite low level of noise, which is a huge plus.
There is no need to spend money for an extra bag using this vac. When you need to empty the tank, just remove it and wash off the dirt.
|Dimension||22.3 x 15.5 x 13.2 inches|
|Tank Size||1.8 L|
|Cleaning Path||9 meters|
|Cord Length||6 meters|
|Highlight Features||Multi-Cyclone Technology works great on hard floors at low noise while HEPA filter traps debris, reducing allergens in the air|
It’s just amazing to have a vac of this quality with top-notch features at an unbelievable cheap price.
Best bagged vacuum – Prolux Tritan Canister Vacuum
- 1. BIG SUCTION IN A COMPACT BODY - The Prolux Tritan is a powerful deep cleaning vacuum cleaner that is designed to clean carpet, rugs, hardwood floors, tile and more! With its on board tools, rubber wheels that will protect your floors and self-retracting cord it’s incredibly simple and easy to use!
- 2. ANTI-ALLERGY SEALED HEPA FILTRATION - This high quality vacuum is great for those prone to allergies! Our vacuum cleaner pulls allergens off of your floor and with its 3 stage filtration the air in your home stays fresh and clean. Bagged design and sealed HEPA filtration will keep all of the dust inside to be easily disposed of.
- 3. MADE TO LAST AND A WARRANTY TO BACK IT UP - Our Prolux Tritan vacuum is designed with a bypass valve that will open up if your vacuum bag or hose becomes clogged, preventing the motor from burning out! This allows Prolux to offer a one year manufacturer bumper to bumper warranty!
- 4. LIGHTWEIGHT AND SCRATCH FREE - This vacuum is very light weight and is designed with rubber wheels to avoid scratching your floors! Big clunky vacuums can scratch and scrape your floors, so we provide a vacuum that glides across your floors with ease.
- Big suction
- Floor scratch-free
- Convenient to carry around
- Attachments are not durable
- Not suitable to use on carpets or couches
Designed with a feature that prevents clogged hose and burning motor, I believe I can have it stand under my use for a longer time. Not to mention, it comes with a year of warranty to back up.
Adding to its capability of cleaning, the vac sits on rubber wheels to avoid leaving scratches on your floor. More than that, you’ll also get a HEPA filtration built-in, ideal to use around allergic households.
|Dimension||20.9 x 13.8 x 13 inches|
|Cleaning Path||10 meters|
|Cord Length||23 feet|
|Highlight Features||Bypass valve prevents hose clogging for the machine to last. Compact and lightweight|
Low cost, BIG power is real with this bagged vacuum.
Best Stick Vacuums under $200
Best cordless stick – NEQUARE 4 in 1 Vacuum
- 【The most powerful suction of any cord-free vacuum】NEQUARE LATEST cordless vacuum, 200W Brushless Motor provides noise free 18Kpa powerful suction in MAX mode. After turn on, it is normal gear. There is a MAX button on the top of the main body. Clock the MAX button is more powerful suction. Easy to suck up dust, hairs and crumbs, acarid which is great on hard wood floors, carpet, walls, curtains, furniture, and even ceilings. You can quickly and easily clean when you need to.
- 【Lightweight & Versatile】Lightweight main body, you can easily use this stick vacuum throughout your whole home. With Multiple Brush, satisfy your various cleaning needs with floor-to-ceiling accessories. Fell in love with housework.
- 【Transforms the way you clean all around your home】 Quickly and easily transforms to a handheld for cleaning on the stairs, in the car and on the sofa. Attach Full-size multi-tasker LED power brush, mini power brush (cleaning of upholstered furniture, mattresses), 2-in-1 dusting brush (vacuum hard surface furniture, curtain, etc), Nozzle for crevice, Hard bristle roller for carpet, Charging base&storehouse.
- 【Long-lasting larger and improved Battery】NEQUARE cordless vacuum is powered by a new Lithium-ion battery to deliver up to 35mins in low suction mode. Easily switch to MAX power with the press of a button. Provides up to 18 minutes of higher suction for more difficult tasks. Max suction is 5 times than ordinary DC cordless vacuums.
- Noise-free motor
- Can use as a handheld vac
- Long-lasting battery
- Small-size tank
- Not for carpet
Featuring a 200W Brushless Motor, the machine provides a noise-free 18Kpa powerful suction in MAX mode. When you need to clean a small area like in the car, sofa, or working desk, it’s easy to transform the vac into a handheld device.
Not only that, the vac makes use of a new Lithium-ion battery that can last up to 35 minutes per charge. At max power, suction is stronger for 18 minutes, letting you clean more stubborn dirt.
|Dimension||50 x 10 x 10.2 inches|
|Running Time||35 minutes|
|Filter Bag Capacity||N/A|
|Highlight Features||4 in 1 stick vacuum with dual charge performs at low noise using a long-lasting lithium-ion battery|
It’s a great advantage to have a vacuum that can handle multiple types of jobs
Best corded stick – Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Vacuum
- Never loses suction or power
- Cleans carpets and bare floors
- Lightweight - only 7 pounds. Amps- 4.2. Wattage- 500
- Versatile floor to ceiling cleaning
- Consistent suction
- Versatile on multiple surfaces
- Convertible to many functions
- Long power cord
- Can’t stand on its own
- Messy emptying mechanism
- Lack of HEPA filtration
Unlike a cordless vac, this machine can perform with no loss of suction thanks to the Advanced cyclonic technology. That makes it a hero to carpets and bar floors. One great thing is you can lift it up to clean the ceiling worrying free about its weight of 7 pounds.
When using this vac on carpets, you should select between low speed to clean low pile carpets and maximum speed to suck up all dirt in the way. Better than that, you can turn on the LED lights equipped roller to reach dark areas.
More than that, the vac operates at low wattage, saving your energy bill for good.
|Dimension||10.5 x 9.8 x 46 inches|
|Tank Size||0.42 quarts|
|Cleaning Path||8.5 inches|
|Cord Length||25 feet|
|Highlight Features||Advanced cyclonic technology prevents clogging to keep the suction strong and consistent|
It’s hard to go wrong with this vac since all you need to get things cleaned are here.
Best Upright Vaccums under $200
Best Corded Upright Vacuum – Shark Navigator Vacuum
- Lift-Away: Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Powerful and lightweight upright vacuum. Portable and versatile at only 12.5 pounds
- Brushroll shutoff allows for both deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning
- Powerful suction
- Big dust cup
- Very easy to move around
- Convenient Brush Roll On/Off Switch
- Not effective on thick carpets
- Short cord
Not only that, the Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology plus a HEPA filter will trap dust and allergens more effectively. What I appreciate the most is the ease of using this vac. It’s relatively portable and versatile, allowing me to maneuver problem-free.
Weighing at 12.5 lbs, this is one of the most lightweight upright vacuum cleaners I’ve ever used.
|Dimension||15 x 11.4 x 45.5 inches|
|Tank Size||1.1 quarts|
|Cleaning Path||12 inches|
|Cord Length||15 feet|
|Highlight Features||Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and HEPA filter catch dust and debris like a charm|
It’s worry-free letting this vac take care of your cleaning chores in your house.
Best Cordless Upright Vacuum – Shark Navigator Freestyle Vacuum
- Dust cup capacity 0.64 quarts; Cordless convenience
- Powerful pet hair pick up
- Swivel steering for easy Maneuver
- 2 speeds settings optimized for carpet & bare floor
- Large dust cup
- Pick up pet hair effectively
- Easy to steer
- Useful on multiple types of surfaces
- Not helpful in cleaning corners
I didn’t think a vac at this price can be this easy to use. It’s got a swivel steering in the turbo brush for easy maneuvering. There are two-speed settings to work on carpets and bare floors. More than that, the large dust cup inside allows emptying for a longer time.
|Dimension||10.5 x 9.6 x 46 inches|
|Filter Bag Capacity||0.64 quarts|
|Cleaning Path||10 inches|
|Highlight Features||Big dust tank and powerful suction especially good for pet hair|
This vac works reasonably well, helping you completing cleaning chores while staying relatively budget.
Best Handheld Vacuums under $200
Best for quick cleaning – Dyson V7 Trigger Cord-Free Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- Capacity (volume) - .15 gallon; Cord free; Hassle free; No cord to unravel, plug in, drag around and restrict your reach; You can quickly and easily clean when you need to
- Tools included: Mini motorized tool, combination tool, crevice tool
- Powered by Dyson digital motor V7; The most powerful handheld vacuum; Up to 30 minutes of fade free suction; With fade free lithium ion batteries, suction starts strong and stays strong
- Hygienic dirt ejector; Hygienically drive out trapped dust and debris in single action; There's no need to touch the dirt
- Easing-cleaning tank
- Dyson proprietary digital motor V7
- Strong suction
- Long-lasting battery
- Not responsive customer support
- A bit pricey
Besides owning a handsome price tag, the vac also comes with a variety of high-quality features to tackle small cleaning. It’s a cord-free machine Powered by Dyson digital motor V7 that provides a significant suction that is hard to find in a cheap handheld vacuum cleaner. Not only it can start strong, but it can also stay strong and consistent in up to 30 minutes.
Dyson equips this vac a 15-gallon dirt tank that is easy to remove and clean. With the HYGIENIC dirt ejector, it takes a single action to empty the tank.
|Dimension||12.4 x 5.2 x 8.1 inches|
|Running Time||30 minutes|
|Filter Bag Capacity||15 gallons|
|Highlight Features||Dyson digital motor V7 for strong suction and easy to clean dirt tank|
Using a handheld vacuum is in a better level with this machine.
Ultra-lightweight – Shark WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum
- Dust cup capacity 0.08 quarts; Unbelievable suction delivered by a high speed, brushless motor
- Ultra lightweight and balanced hand vacuum at just 1.4 pounds for maneuverability and easy cleaning
- Tapered nozzle for easy pickup of large debris and fine dust
- Zero in on tight spaces and car cleaning with the duster crevice tool and use the multi surface tool for upholstery, carpets, and pet hair
- High-efficiency motor
- Fast charging dock
- Poor capability on hard surfaces
- Need to empty multiple times
You may doubt the power of such a small and cheap vac, but I think it gives an acceptable suction to pick up large debris and dust. It comes with a bunch of attachments for use in vehicles and crevices.
The whole unit looks high-end and future-like. You can hold it with one hand and maneuver it just fine. More than that, the included dock will get the machine charged fast in no time.
|Dimension||16.5 x 2.5 x 2.4 inches|
|Filter Bag Capacity||0.08 quarts|
|Cleaning Path||3.6 inches|
|Highlight Features||Brushless motor for high-speed motor, lightweight and very balanced|
Cleaning now is possible with just one hand using this WANDVAC handheld vac
Best Robotic Vacuums under $200
Best for hard floors – Ecovacs DEEBOT N79S Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- Ready for any mess: Equipped with two side brushes and a main brush, DEEBOT will sweep, lift, and vacuum to clean an entire floor (Auto mode), a small area (Spot mode), or the edge of your floor (Edge mode)
- Voice & app controls: Alexa & Google Assistant voice commands. Ecovacs Smart App comes w/ 5+ advanced features including direct control, scheduling, status updates, cleaning modes, accessories status, etc
- Max mode power: Increase suction power by upto 2X for particularly troublesome messes
- Upto 110 minute run time: A longer battery life for even more cleaning Auto-return & charging means your robot will always be ready to clean
- Great battery life
- Quiet operation
- Smartphone app support
- Easy to use
- Not very strong suction
- May get stuck in a chair
It can roam to any surface and take care of the messes there. You can use the app to control the vac with your voice. It can work with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
|Dimension||33 x 33 x 7.8 inches|
|Running Time||110 minutes|
|Filter Bag Capacity||520ml|
|Highlight Features||Run up to 120 minutes and work with Alexa, App Controls, Self-Charging, Quiet|
Give your bot a name and assign the cleaning tasks then enjoy the clean result.
Best for pet hair – Premium Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 【HIGH-CAPACITY BATTERY & AUTO CHARGING】- The Pureatic V2 robotic cleaner seeks the charging dock automatically after it is finishes or on low battery, built-in rechargeable battery allows for 100 minutes of cleaning before auto-returning to the electric charger. Powered by a 4400mAh high-capacity Li-ion battery the vacuum cleaner supports up to 100 minutes powerful suction cleaning. The input voltage and frequency are 100-120V AC 50/60Hz, which is suitable for all household or public places.
- 【TOP NOTCH PERFORMANCE】- The Pureactic V2 robot vaccum cleaner adopts 360°anti-collision and comprehensive, intelligent drop sensor safety technology with anti-scratch glass top cover for protection. This robotic vacuum is perfect for cleaning from hard wood floor to low pile carpet. Brilliant connectivity by smart phone app, robotic vacuum cleaner provides strong suction 1500Pa both on floors and carpet, with the maximum run-time 100 minutes, noise level is less than 58 db.
- 【ALL UNDER ULTRA THIN DESIGN】- The ultra-thin robotic vacuum cleaner is unique from other traditional robot vacuum. After optimizing the height and thickness of each part, it is re-integrated and arranged to avoid stacking parts. Its 3.2N low-profile body means the robotic vacuum could work under furniture and chairs along with every nook, cranny and sticky mat. It could easily drill into small gaps in the TV cabinet, sofa, and bed.
- 【3-POINT CLEANING SYSTEM】- Triple filter (washable Pre-filter/Sponge/ High-efficiency filter), dual side brushes, and powerful suction ensure a thorough clean. That design of our V2 robotic vacuum cleaner could easily clean life's various messes, different floors, evenly cleaned, whether it is flooring, marble, or carpet. Meanwhile, for animal pet hair, the human hair is easily cleaned, effectively preventing the spread of bacteria, giving the home a healthy and space-purifying environment.
- Long battery life
- Efficient and smart
- Strong suction
- Easy operating app
- Suction power is not so strong
The power suction is not excellent but very reasonable. More than that, the noise level is as low as 58 dB.
It comes in an ultra-thin design and app control for an easy setting. You don’t need to clean the dust cup during the clean because it has the capacity to store up to 650ml. It’s especially powerful in cleaning pet hair. If your cat needs a ride, she has it.
|Dimension||14.6 x 13.2 x 5.4 inches|
|Running Time||100 minutes|
|Filter Bag Capacity||650ml|
|Highlight Features||Large dustbox, strong suction, self-charging, easy app control|
This is a great choice for those who wish to have a high-end cleaning vac while entertaining their pets.
How to choose the best vacuum under $200?
Paying less than 200 to have a vacuum that works is a real challenge. Besides those picks I give you, how do you know which is the best one that fits you? Of course, you need other factors to determine. Check them out.
Type of vacuum
You can choose from the variety of vacuums available today. Those are upright, handheld, canister, stick, and robotic. Each comes with advantages and downsides.
Handheld: Perfect for reaching those painful nooks and crannies. You can see many examples of handheld using in vacuuming cars. Handhelds are not suitable for the hard floor. Though it works, it takes a long time to cover a large area.
- Canister: Features the power of an upright while being slender like a stick vacuum, canister vacs can take care of multiple surfaces from floors to carpets.
- Upright: It’s the most popular type that provides the most powerful suction to use for a long time. These vacs are the top choice of the most family.
- Stick: Constructed with a slender and thin stick, stick vacs can handle from narrow places to hard jobs on hardwood floors, rugs, and carpets. However, these are the least powerful among all.
- Robotic: Fun to look and free to roam around your house. These vacs clean dirt and spill on its path. But the steep price is a big barrier.
You should care about the power that the vac gives if you don’t want to get upset for the gadget doesn’t get any work done.
Corded vacs perform more consistently, but they have a limit in the cleaning path. However, some models come with an extremely long cord.
Adjustable power is also a plus for different tasks. It is because many times, you will need to clean on a hard floor, another time on a carpet, or vehicle.
HEPA filter is always my priority because it removes almost 100% debris and allergens. Also, if you live with pets, it’s a great advantage to have this type of filtration.
Otherwise, it can be a cloth filter, foam, cartridge, or disk filter. Those kinds may lower the cost.
Who makes the best vacuum under $200?
Although targeting 5-star products, SharkNinja is still able to bring their passion and technology onto budget vacuums that exceed customer expectations. With an unwavering consumer focus, Shark, as well as Ninja, is making a big step in the housewares industry.
The British company is one of the innovative household appliance manufacturers with a collection of top-notch vacuum cleaners. With around 30 years in the industry, Dyson knows how to make their products cheap but still quality.
Nequare coming to the cheap vacuum race with only one product. However, the technology and uniqueness they’ve put and improved are exceptional, making their brand-new Cordless Vacuum Cleaner worth consideration.
Corded vs. Cordless vacuum – Which one is better?
A: It’s hard to tell because either your vac is corded or cordless, it has distinctive benefits that are hard to compare. Only if you can rely on your preference, choosing one is easier.
Cordless vacs free you from the electric outlet, but that trades off with power. But you may not have enough power to get things cleaned thoroughly. Besides, it takes time to charge while performing in a limited time.
Corded vacs, on the other hand, are more powerful, sufficient to take care of difficult jobs. If suction is all you care about, corded vacs are ideal choices commit a lifetime usage.
How long will a vacuum last?
A: Under proper care and maintenance, a vacuum cleaner can last up to 8 years on average. But this is not a solid number since each brand and model have different longevity. Your personal use also affects the lifespan of the vac.
Are expensive vacuums worth it?
A: Not always. Top-quality vacuums come with features and quality at a higher level. But those are not the only things that affect the price. It can be the brand and warranty commitment that you are buying. There are actually models from young manufacturers with the same or even better functions cost less.
To answer whether it’s worth spending for an expensive vacuum, I think we should be wise rather than waste.
Which type of vacuums uses much electricity?
A: Most vacuums in my tests run around 1,000 watts in an hour. A higher amp vacuum makes use of more wattages. Canisters and uprights are in the top list of energy consumption. But when taking the numbers into the math, for vacuum cleaning one hour a day, it costs you around $8 for a whole year. Very cheap.
Can I vacuum water with a cordless vacuum?
A: Using a corded vac to pick up water may not be a good idea due to the risk of electrocution. Unless it is a shop vac, house vacuum cleaners are not designed for water application, no matter what it’s corded or cordless.
What if my vacuum loses suction?
A: If that happens, it is probably something to do with the hose, vacuum bag, roller, belt, or gasket. When you fix all that but still suffering the loss of suction, have a look at the motor. That’s when you should contact the provider.
Isn’t it great to pay less but still have a good vacuum that works for you? Really, it’s a bang for the buck.
To make this list of the best vacuums under 200, I had to work hard to evaluate the features, and it took me a lot of time. So, please share this post; there are people in need out there.
Let me hear the vac you have chosen and how it goes once you put it in use.
Thank you, and I’ll see you very soon.