How about finding a pro to power your house and appliances? Honda has been a trustworthy giant when it comes to high-quality generators.
Check out these 6 best Honda generators below:
- Honda EU1000i Inverter Generator – Best for light use
- Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt 120-Volt Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator – Best for camping and tailgating
- Honda EU3000iS Gas Powered, Portable Inverter – Best for travel trailer
- Honda Eu7000is Inverter Generator with Electronic Fuel Injection – Best for power outages
- Honda by Jackery HLS 290 Portable Lithium Battery Mobile Power Station – Best portable solar generator
- Honda EM6500S Generator w/ Electric Start – Best for construction sites
Honda EU1000i Inverter Generator – Best for light use
- Lightweight and compact: weighing only 29 lbs., the EU1000i is incredibly lightweight and portable, it's easy to get it to your destination
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you, the EU1000i operates at 53 to 59 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation, this makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation
- Honda's inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package, the precision of Honda's inverter technology ensures our inverter generators produce power that is as reliable as the power you get from your outlets at home
- Protected by oil alert: this protects the generator by shutting the engine off when low oil pressure is detected
- Start reliably
- Run quietly
- Good value for the money
- Very compact
- Need to be careful when filling oil
This unit is a top-shelf option because of many reasons. I am impressed by its low noise level. At 50% load, the EU1000i only produces 53 dBA and at full load, it increases to 59 dBA – equivalent to normal conversation. This is perfect for campsites and quite a living neighborhood.
The Honda GHX50 4-stroke 49cc engine is capable to generate 1000W of peak load. It can handle TV, computer, and other small RV appliances. On a 0.6-tank, the machine works for 3.8 hours at full load. However, at 25-50%, the max running time could reach 8 hours or more.
If you need to run bulky appliances, don’t forget that the EU1000i is parallel-ready. It can connect with one or more Honda inverter generators to maximize the power output. Another highlight to name is the lightweight and compact design.
When filling oil, you need to be careful not to overfill it. The instruction isn’t very helpful so you shouldn’t follow it by heart.
|Peak Watts/ Running Watts||1000 watt|
|Noise Level||53 to 59 dBA|
|Max Runtime||8.3 hours|
|Highlight Features||Eco-throttle system, oil alert|
If you want a unit to handle light-duty applications, Honda EU1000i Inverter Generator is the right choice.
Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt 120-Volt Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator – Best for camping and tailgating
- This popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at home, camping, on the jobsite, or much more. Reliable Power is now at your fingertips with Honda's Inverted Generators.
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you. The EU2200i operates at 48 to 57 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation. This makes it ideal for camping and any other activity that requires quiet operation.
- Need more power? Add a second EU2200i for additional power.
- Thanks to our exclusive Eco-Throttle System, the EU2200i offers great fuel efficiency. Runs 4.0 to 9.6 hours on a single tank, depending on the load. This makes it the ideal choice for overnight power, or long time applications.
- Super quiet
- Easy to carry
- Easy to maintain
- Only manual recoil system available
The fuel shutoff feature is one highlight I need to mention. It protects the machine from unnecessary damages from low oil. What’s more, this unit is super quiet. The noise level ranges from 48 to 57 dBA.
The power output (2200 W surge power and 1800W running power) enables this machine to power all sorts of RV appliances. When you need more power, it is parallel-ready.
The eco-throttle system makes sure that this unit uses less fuel to run. On a full tank, it can perform more than 8 hours at 25% load.
|Peak Watts/ Running Watts||2200/ 1800|
|Noise Level||48 dB at 1/4 load|
|Max Runtime||8.1 hrs on 0.95 gal of gas|
|Highlight Features||a fuel shut off valve, Honda GXR120 engine, light-effort recoil|
Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt 120-Volt Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator is a must-have unit for camping and tailgating.
Honda EU3000iS Gas Powered, Portable Inverter – Best for travel trailer
- Cranks up quickly
- Perfect for travel trailer
- Fuel efficiency
- Quite expensive
With a full tank of 3.4 gallons, this model runs up to 20 hours. The eco-throttle feature does make a significant change in how the fuel is used. Featuring an oil alert, the unit is safe when the oil level is low.
The choke valve is especially important when you want to start the machine in cold weather. The unit is reliable and durable.
|Peak Watts/ Running Watts||3000 / 2800|
|Noise Level||49 to 58 dBA|
|Max Runtime||7.2 to 20 hours|
|Highlight Features||Oil alert, Advanced inverter technology, Wheels and folding handle|
Honda EU3000iS Gas Powered, Portable Inverter with its powerful operation and convenient design is an ideal option for campers, RV and travel trailer users.
Honda Eu7000is Inverter Generator with Electronic Fuel Injection – Best for power outage
- 7,000-watt generator can power countless devices and appliances
- Use at home, in RVs, at outdoor events, or while camping
- Electronic Fuel Injection technology makes the generator run for longer and function smoothly
- Ultra quiet operation
- Quiet running
- Low THD
- High power output
- Square design to save space
- Energy efficiency
- Quite heavy
Compared to traditional inverter generators, the Eu 7000is is quite heavy. However, you can easily transport it using the collapsible handles and wheels.
You will be surprised by how quiet this machine is. At 50% load, it emits only 58 dBA and at 25%, the noise level reduces to only 52 dBA. This is also an energy-efficient unit that can run 6,5 hours at 50% load.
At 25%, however, the running time is 18 hours. The square design is really handy when it comes to storage.
|Peak Watts/ Running Watts||7,000/ 5,500|
|Noise Level||58 dB|
|Max Runtime||6.5 hours @ 1/2 load|
|Highlight Features||i–Monitor system, Advanced inverter technology, Electronic Fuel Injection|
Honda Eu7000is Inverter Generator with Electronic Fuel Injection is a powerful option that can handle a handful of household appliances during blackouts and emergencies.
Honda by Jackery HLS 290 Portable Lithium Battery Mobile Power Station – Best portable solar generator
- PARTNERS IN POWER: Jackery has been chosen by American Honda Motor Co., Inc. to develop a best‐in‐class consumer offering of outdoor portable power stations, with a focus on eco-friendly portable power for those on the move.
- VERSATILE OUTDOOR POWER SUPPLY: featuring standard PURE SINE WAVE AC outlet this Honda licensed portable power station provides stable and dependable power to all AC relied on devices like fans, TVs and projectors, etc. which rated under 200 watt(surge 400W).Standard 12V/10A carport and two 5V/2.4A USB ports power/charge all your car appliances and small electronic devices like car coolers/mini frig, air pumps, car vacuums, tablets, laptops, phones. Delivering you enormous power in outdoor.
- PORTABLE POWER STATION RECHARGED ANYWHERE: can be quickly (1)recharged under the sun with Jackery SolarSaga 60W Solar panel (Sold Separately) within 10-hrs (in full sun) while living outdoors; (2)recharged from a carport within 7 hrs while on-the-road/off-road; (3)or recharged from an AC wall outlet within 7 hrs.
- EASIER OUTDOOR LIFE WITHOUT GENERATOR: (1) no need to run a generator just to charge a phone or a laptop; (2) lighter and more compact than a generator; (3) noise-free, enjoy vacation quietly and no longer being complained about campsite; (4) no emission during work, therefore does no harm to personal health, nor to the nature; (5) instead of preparing barrels of gas or gasoline, Jackery portable power station is easily charged up with solar; (6)no more extended cables tangled together with kids
- Super lightweight
- Reliable power support
- Small battery
This unit is highly portable and compact. You can take it everywhere without any hassle. The unit is well-designed and suitable for outdoor enthusiasts.
This power bank comes with USB ports, AV ports, and carport. It can power any USB and AC-compatible devices.
This product is perfectly eco-friendly. It uses a sustainable source of power and gives off very little noise.
The drawback? HLS 290 features a small battery compared to other options.
|Max Runtime||8 -10 hours|
|Highlight Features||Lithium ion (BAK 2900mAh x 28 cells), LCD screen, built-in LED flashlight|
If you are looking for an eco-friendly source of electricity, Honda by Jackery HLS 290 Portable Lithium Battery Mobile Power Station is no doubt the best option.
Honda EM6500S Generator w/ Electric Start – Best for construction sites
- 389cc engine
- Electric start
- 6,500 watts of output
- Comes with wheel kit
- Draw great power
- Suitable for heavy-duty jobs
- Easy start
- Quiet operation
- Price is the biggest drawback
The automatic voltage regulation system supplies clean and consistent power. It also helps to reduce the fluctuations and distortion by 50%. The ground-fault circuit interrupter outlets will shut off the machine if they don’t sense the returning current.
What’s else? The EM6500S runs quietly and draws sufficient power to handle tough applications. The only drawback is probably its price.
|Peak Watts/ Running Watts||6500/ 5500W|
|Noise Level||66 dB(A) @ rated load|
|Max Runtime||7 hours @ 50% load|
|Highlight Features||Electric and pull ignition, iAVR system, GFCI outlets, Powerful Honda iGX commercial engine|
The advanced features coupled with the machine’s power output make Honda EM6500S Generator w/ Electric Start a tempting option for both homeowners and general contractors.
How to choose a suitable generator for your needs?
Gas or propane? The choice of fuel type can affect your convenience too. If you buy a small pas-powered generator, you will need to fill it up several times a day.
Propane tanks, however, come with different sizes, from 1 pound to 420 pounds. A standard propane tank can provide uninterrupted electricity for days.
Inverter and traditional
Are you looking for a unit for campsites and residential areas? Do you want to power your house during a blackout or emergent situation?
Depending on your preference, you need to decide to buy an inverter or traditional generator.
An inverter unit often comes with limited power output; however, it is safe to use with sensitive electronics.
Traditional generators, on the other, offer powerful peak and running watts. They are suitable for those who have high power demands or often work with heavy-duty applications.
Don’t just go and buy a generator without first calculating its usage. It is a wise step to sit down and figure out how much power you need during an emergency or blackout.
The result will be your guideline to find a suitable unit.
What you can do:
- Create a list of items you want to power
- Find out about the starting and running wattage each item requires.
- Calculate the total energy requirement
By finding out your exact usage, you can prevent any unwanted system failures or shutdowns from overload. The maintenance is also easy and smooth.
You can certainly increase the life span of both your appliances and the generator.
Where do you store your generator? If you want a power unit for trailers, RVs or tailgating, you’d want to buy a compact model. Having a limited space to store, a small unit will be your best option.
However, if you want a powerful generator to work with tough applications, choosing a bulky unit is inevitable. Consider open-frame generators since they are quite compact and space-saving.
Last but not least, you need to consider the noise level as well. A loud generator won’t be welcome in any residential areas or campsites.
Quite generators often have noise levels ranging from 50 dBA to 65 dBA.
Will a Honda 2000 generator run a refrigerator?
What can a Honda 2000W generator power? It depends on the starting watts and running watts of appliances. Typically, a Honda 2000W generator can start up a refrigerator if you don’t plug anything else in.
After that, you have around 1800W to spend and you can start up other appliances as well.
How long does a Honda 2000 generator last?
There are two ways to answer this question.
On 1-2 gallons of a fuel tank, a 2000W generator can run up to 10 hours. Depending on the load as well, the running time would range from 3.2 to 10 hours.
However, if you are curious about the durability. Many factors influence how long a generator will last. How you maintain, run and checkup can reduce or increase a machine’s longevity.
Honda 2000W generators can run on average 100 hours a year. They normally can go on for 22 years on end depending on how well you care for them.
Can a 7500-watt generator run a whole house?
Unfortunately, A 7500W generator can’t power a whole standard American house. If you try to run everything at once, the generator won’t be able to handle the load. Most American households use 100 amps. Homes that use central air-conditions or clothes dryers will consume 150 to 200 amps.
What does this number mean?
That means you need a powerful generator that can handle 150 amps and 240V. A 36,000W generator can, but not a 7500W one.
Will a 3000-watt generator run an RV air conditioner?
It depends on the size of your RV air conditioner. If it requires 2800 to 3000 starting watts and around 2000 running watts, that means a 3000W generator can power your air conditioner.
Is 65 dB loud for a generator?
A normal conversation is about 60 dBA. For some people, 65 dBA is already annoying. In terms of quiet generators, a 65 dB generator is in the realm of loudness.
The bottom line
Honda is one of the leading manufacturers in the field of home power tools and units. That also means you will have a tough time finding the best Honda generators in a vast pool of choices. These 6 models reviewed in this article are top-shelf options that match your power preferences.