Just because the winter months are coming doesn’t mean you have to give up your hobby of tinkering around your garage. You have a wide range of electric heater to choose from, keeping on your unfinished jobs. Below are our best 240V electric garage heaters:
- Fahrenheat 1874-5000W – Best overall
- Comfort Zone CZ220 – Budget-friendly option
- Dr Infrared Heater DR-975 – Quick and safe heating
- Cadet CSC152TW – Best in-wall heater
- Dimplex DGWH4031G
- KING PAW2422-W – Most versatile
|Best overall Fahrenheat 1874-5000W||View on Amazon|
|Budget-friendly Comfort Zone CZ220||View on Amazon|
|Quick & safe heating Dr Infrared Heater DR-975||View on Amazon|
|Best in-wall heater Cadet CSC152TW||View on Amazon|
|Best for pro messes Dimplex DGWH4031G||View on Amazon|
|Most versatile KING PAW2422-W||View on Amazon|
Fahrenheat 1874-5000W – Best overall
- Can be anti-corrosion and dent-resistant
- Custom the warm airflow to any desired spots
- Deliver constant temperature
- Not energy efficient if the garage is not well insulated
- The dial isn’t precise
If you’re looking for a high-quality unit to warm a huge garage space of under 400 square feet, this should be the one.
While giving two heat settings to optimize your need due to specific seasons, the unit highlights a built-in thermostat that you can benefit from the constant and stable temperature. In other words, it cuts down the shutting on/off to retain the desired warmth.
With an industrial-grade construction, we realized its decent durability with effectively dent resistance and corrosion protection.
Our testers also commented on its adjustable louvers to allow directing the warm air to wherever you want it to.
|Heat Settings||2,500W or 5,000W|
|Heating Area (sq.ft)||400|
|Dimensions||12.5 x 12.4 x 14 inches|
|Highlight Features||rugged, heavy-duty industrial type heater, built-in single pole thermostat adjusts from 45º to 135º Fahrenheit, built-in ceiling mount bracket, adjustable louvers|
Featuring 5,000W of heat capacity, the Fahrenheat 1874 is the best electric garage heater for small working spaces without requiring extra ventilation or air source.
Comfort Zone CZ220 – Budget-friendly option
- Offer extra-wide heat coverage
- The motor is well-covered to hold severe conditions
- Have a caution light for safety
- The plastic fan brace is loose right out of the box
- Little noisy
During our tests, we found that the forced-air fan and integrated thermostat control were exactly the keys for such phenomenal performance. The heater also has 3 heat settings, caution indicator lights, and a fully enclosed motor for ultimate safety and protection.
Regardless, its affordable price point is another appealing feature for any people with a tight budget.
|Heat Settings||3 settings: 3000/4000/5000 watts|
|Heating Area (sq ft)||500|
|Dimensions||17.9 x 14 x 14.5 inches|
|Highlight Features||integrated thermostat control on this fan-forced air heater, heavy-gauge steel body, comes with an adjustable mounting bracket|
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly heater for uninsulated garage use, the Comfort Zone CZ220 will get your jobs done perfectly.
Dr Infrared Heater DR-975 – Quick and safe heating
- Various mounting options to fit nicely a specific garage construction
- Capable of heating large areas measuring up to 600 square feet
- UL/CUL listed & other safety features to avoid accidents while working
- Powerful fan for super-quick heating
- Not helpful instruction
The most impressive is, this 7,500W heater can handle up to 800-foot area (under good insulation) and with a sufficient thermostat, it cuts the heating process short of under 15 minutes.
Without sacrificing the safety application, the unit features a fully enclosed motor, a timer, and overheating protection. They help to ensure no accidents are going to happen while working in close distance to it.
One thing that most of our testers really liked is the versatile mounting options that allow you to mount it to a wall or ceiling due to preference.
|Heating Area (sq.ft)||600|
|Dimensions||15 x 19 x 13 inches|
|Warranty||1-year parts and labor warranty.|
|Highlight Features||single Phase 4700/7500W, hardwired, wall/ceiling-mounted heater, remote-controlled thermostat, 5 adjustable louvers, UL/CUL listed|
With full equipment of many safety features, UL/CUL listed, and powerful motor, the Dr. Infrared Heater DR-975 is a nice choice for quick and safe heating your garage.
Cadet CSC152TW – Best in-wall heater
- Quiet operation
- Take no floor space or require no ductwork installation
- Can be ceiling mounted if needed
- Made in the USA
- Difficult to get screw holes to line-up
Featuring 1,500W of heat capacity, it’s perfect for drafty and narrow spaces.
We also love the fact that it operates quietly, even after hours and the nichrome coil element speeds up the heating process significantly.
The last bonus is, this unit is crafted in the USA so, you can rest assured of its quality and durability.
|Heat Settings||Single: 1500W|
|Heating Area (sq.ft)||175|
|Dimensions||5.2 x 14 x 9.5 inches|
|Highlight Features||built-in Adjustable Thermostat, Fan Forced Electric Heater, High Gloss Enamel Paint, UL Listed Heater|
Constructed with premium components with safety features, the Cadet CSC152TW features the best in-wall heater for any garage spaces under 175 feet of area.
- Swivel feature delivers more heat directing options
- Have an adjustable double pole thermostat to adjust 45 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit
- Easy to operate and assemble
- Run noisily
- Hard to see the number because the thermostat knob is in the back of the heater
At 4,000W of power capacity, using standard 240V of power source, this unit delivers a mere 14,000 BTUs of heat, which is ideal for small to medium garage spaces.
It also lets you adjust the warm air direction but in a more advanced way.
As there’s a swivel feature, the unit delivers even more heat directing options – not only point in a specific direction but also swivel around for even warmth.
|Heat Settings||Include “OFF” and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 on the dial|
|Heating Area (sq.ft)||400|
|Dimensions||9″ W x 14″ H x 7-1/4″ D.|
|Warranty||1-year warranty on complete unit|
|Highlight Features||fan delay uses residual heat for economical performance; auto safety shut off; Attaches to wall/ceiling with included mounting bracket; heater swivels to direct heat|
For a compact, affordable, and portable garage heater, the Dimplex DGWH4031G is your best bet.
KING PAW2422-W – Most versatile
- Create a Zonal System to optimize the heating performance and save more money
- Quick heating
- Can automatically shut off in an abnormal situation
- Super-easy to install and incredibly lightweight
- Multiple wattage options for versatile usages.
- Need to buy a seperate thermostat
- Some complained about the grille screws breaking off
The unit is rated to deliver 2,250W at a standard 240V connector while giving various wattage options to fit nicely to any spaces. With good insulation, it’s optimized to warm up to 400 square feet.
Out of such impressive performance, we’re amazed by how whisper-silent when it’s operated.
For safety during an abnormal situation, the heater nails the Patented Smart Limit Protection that can automatically shut itself off. And it’s another USA-made heater in this list.
|Heat Settings||7 settings: 500W, 750W, 1000W, 1250W, 1500W, 1750W, 2250W|
|Heating Area (sq.ft)||400|
|Dimensions||13.5 x 7.5 x 4 in|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
|Highlight Features||Original Pic-A-Watt Element, Multiple wattage options, to tailor to a room’s specific heating requirements, Patented Smart Limit Protection, Whisper Quiet Squirrel Cage Blower|
With the KING PAW2422-W, you’ve got the most versatile option to heat your garage space in different ways for the best comfort and convenience.
How to choose the best 240v electric garage heater (buying guide)
To determine the right heater size, you should consider two vital elements:
- Heater power capacity (BTU)
- Your garage area (Square foot) = Length x Width
Each square foot of area in your garage needs around 20 to 40 BTUs to warm, depending on the climate and how well-insulated of your garage.
There’re two ways to calculate the required wattages (W) to heat your garage:
(Your garage area) x 10
(Temperature Rise x Volume x Insulation)/(1.6 x 3.41)
- Temperature Rise: The R-value required due to a specific season in your garage. Check here to determine the recommended R-value of your region.
- Volume: The cubic feet of air of your garage (Cu Ft.) = Room Area x 8
- Insulation: The degree of insulation in your garage
|Degree of insulation||Rating|
The second way is obviously more complicated to estimate but in turns, the result is more precise.
If you want to convert wattage into BTUs when considering propane heater size, simply multiply the result (in wattage) by 3.41.
The best place for your garage heater should be the areas that you frequently spend time in.
It’s also a decisive feature on your choice of the heater. For example, if you’d like direct heat to a particular area, a radiant heater or an infrared heater is a good selection.
For heating a central position, you should pick a ceiling or wall-mounted model and it must be portable and lightweight.
Though electric heaters are considered far safer than the natural gas or propane models, there’re still some must-have safety features, such as:
- Overheat protection: When the heater is utilized in a long time, it takes the risks of overheating that probably causes damage to some internal parts. This feature will help to avoid that.
- Tip-over switch: To prevent the risks of heater tipping over when someone accidentally hits it
- Cool-touch construction: To keep pets and kids from burning themselves when touching the heater.
Who makes the best 240v electric garage heater?
This is a trustworthy, renowned company with a healthy series of heating choices to ensure each buyer can pick the most suitable model for their indoor space. As a big brand in this industry, the customer service is very helpful and each product is always backed by the manufacturer.
CCC COMFORT ZONE
Look at the increasing growth over the past decade, we’ve laid trust on CCC Comfort Zone when it comes to a safe but budget-friendly heater. Their products meet a lot of standards, such as ETL®, UL®, CSA, CE, SAA, and NOM that we always rest assured of the performance.
Dr Infrared Heater
The world-leading brand about the dual heating system for superior heat transfer rate. That’s why almost products from Dr Infrared Heater are appreciated for its decent heating speed while still ensuring the safety to customers.
Started as a family-based company in 1957 and now has been joining the Glen Dimplex family of brands and represented by Glen Dimplex Americas – a dependable organization for home improving appliances. Cadet gives really good customer service as well.
Founded in 1958, King has over 60 years in the heater industry with highlights of innovation, stylish design, and operational excellence. For that reason, their products always stand out to be the most versatile in the market.
How much will it cost to operate my electric heater?
The cost depends on three things:
- Your heating demands
- Your living area
- How well-insulated of your garage
For that reason, you should check the electricity cost in your region as well as the heater wattage power.
Can I allow my 240V electric heater to remain on to keep my garage slightly warm when I am not present?
Yes, you can. But it requires some conditions:
- The heater is placed in a spot where nothing/nobody can contact or hit it
- It’s equipped with overheating protection to ensure safety
- The unit is set up professionally
The thermostat is also recommended setting at 45 to 55 degrees F.
Some last pro tips to optimize your electric heater performance:
- Measure your garage area carefully before choosing a heater
- Improve the insulation of your garage
- Have it installing professional
Hopefully, this ultimate guide of choosing the best 240V electric garage heaters has been helpful to you. Thanks for reading!
Best Refrigerators For Garage That Are Worth Your Money
Best Air Compressors For Home Garage
I’m James J. Decker, a hobbyist and DIYs and also a big of home improvement and gardening tools. I immensely enjoy how these amazing products improve productivity and efficiency, and allow me to do jobs for which I would’ve otherwise needed professional help.