- Best 3-blade ceiling fans
- Best 5-blade ceiling fans
- How to choose the best ceiling fans for the bedroom?
- Who makes the best ceiling fans for the bedroom?
More than just keeping you cool, choosing the best ceiling fans for bedrooms ensures maximum style, cost efficiency, and above all – comfort. If you know how to pick the right one, it will cost only pennies to run in comparison to air conditioners.
So, let this ultimate buying guide lead your way:
- Harbor Breeze Mazon 44-in – Best overall
- Emerson CF765BQ – Best for high ceilings
- Westinghouse Lighting 7812700 – Best budget option
- Hunter Indoor Ceiling Fan 53237 – Best for larger bedrooms
- Hunter Fan Company Hunter 53069 – Best for low ceilings
Best 3-blade ceiling fans
Harbor Breeze Mazon 44-in – Best overall
- Not require a down rod -> space-saving, ideal for narrow sleeping space
- Silent motor technology to not bother your slumber through the night
- Include many practical add-ons, like the light kit and remote control for extra convenience
- If you use more than two of this ceiling fan in your house, you should re-program each remote control. Otherwise, it will control both, which is a bit annoying.
- The instructions are just so so
Aside from the 100-square-foot limitations and 4545-CFM of airflow, it is distinctive for the flush mounting design. Unlike other ceiling fans, it doesn’t require a down rod to therefore taking less space of your room.
The most satisfying feature is its silent motor technology without compromising performance and power level. So if you’re a sleepless person, rest assured, this won’t wake you up at midnight.
|Coverage Area||100-sq ft|
|Fan Size||44 in|
|Speed Airflow (CFM)||4,545-CFM|
|Highlight Features||its sleek mid-body layout; combines modern style and performance; great for small rooms up to 100-sq ft|
Designed with everything needed in mind for the best bedroom ceiling fan, the Harbor Breeze Mazon 44” brings home our Best-Overall Editor’s Choice award.
Emerson CF765BQ – Best for high ceilings
- Provide 4-speed settings for more optimal control but still run quietly even in the highest mode
- Move air very well
- Deliver 3 color options to choose from
- The remote control can’t reserve the fan so you’ll have to get out a ladder and climb up to it to do that
- The blade is made of plastic – not as durable as the metal ones
- No lighting or handheld remote provided
At under $170, featuring 4-speed settings, durable airfoil blades, and remote control adaptability, it is quite promising. Not to say that the fan is certificated by the Energy Star program and also comes with a reliable 5-year warranty.
While moving the air so well, lots of customers reviewed that it run quietly even in the highest mode. If you care about the appearance of your stuff, the good news is it provides three color options to choose from.
|Coverage Area||800sq ft|
|Material Type||Metal, Plastic|
|Speed Airflow (CFM)||10516 CFM.|
|Highlight Features||Energy Star rated for superb energy efficiency; Three high-efficiency airfoil blades. Brushed steel finish is not suitable for damp locations;|
With simple construction, just focusing on the fan’s quality and major functions, the Emerson CF765BQ is our recommendation for minimalist persons whose bedroom features a high ceiling.
Westinghouse Lighting 7812700 – Best budget option
- Provide super-reliable warranty policies -> your purchase is backed by the manufacturer
- Made by a well-known global brand -> More reliable
- Appealing design and powerful air circulation with 5 settings -> full of control and functionality
- No handheld remote control provided
It’s almost ½ the price of other counterparts in comparison but includes a 15-year motor warranty and a 2-year one on other components. Furthermore, Westinghouse is a trusted global brand.
Our team testers are really excited about the appealing, industrial look of this fan in addition to its powerful air circulation ability. Sizing 56”, it can draw air efficiently to beat the heat of a 400-square-foot space – far enough for a standard bedroom.
And the fan is very quiet when running, which is perfect for your baby.
|Coverage Area||400 square feet|
|Speed Airflow (CFM)||5,973 cfm|
|Highlight Features||ideal for great rooms up to 400 square feet (20 feet by 20 feet)|
Made by a reliable global brand with excellent warranty policies, the 7812700 ceiling fan is a great, affordable option for budget-minded people.
Best 5-blade ceiling fans
Hunter Indoor Ceiling Fan 53237 – Best for larger bedrooms
- Feature reversible design with a classic look to match any home interior décor
- Cost-saving is 47% -> save more in long-term use
- Don’t include a remote control in its package
Thanks to the combination of 19th-century craftsmanship and 21st-century technology, the Hunter Indoor 53237 gives you not only great performance and decent quality but also unparalleled style.
With a classic look, it can enhance the interior look of any home.
The fan is also renowned for its incredible cost-saving capability which is up to 47%, making it a perfect choice for long-term use. Namely, for every wattage of power, its airflow efficiency stands at 66 cubic feet.
|Coverage Area||485 square feet|
|Fan Size||52 inch|
|Speed Airflow (CFM)||5049 CFM|
|Highlight Features||Designed for large rooms up to 485 square feet and equipped with Installer’s Choice 3 position mounting system for standard|
For medium-sized to large bedrooms, the Hunter 53237 is unbeatable.
Hunter Fan Company Hunter 53069 – Best for low ceilings
- Easy to understand instructions and easy to install -> ideal for low-tech people
- No wobble, very silent when running
- Don’t include a light kit or remote
- The little plastic thing on the pull chain end looks cheap
It is low-profile so you can reach the cord easily with no need of jumping to hit the blade.
Despite the inferior speed airflow, it is able to keep a large room of up to 485 square feet cool or warm. The fan, on the other hand, is guaranteed to deliver no wobble for extremely whisper-quiet performance, even in the highest setting.
|Coverage Area||485 square feet|
|Speed Airflow (CFM)||2852 CFM|
|Highlight Features||delivers ultra-powerful air movement with whisper-quiet performance; Reversible motor; 13-degree blade pitch optimized|
Good looking, quality, comfort, and at a low price, you can’t beat the quality of this hunter Fan Company Hunter 53069 over any other low-ceiling fans.
How to choose the best ceiling fans for the bedroom?
Size & CFM Rating
It’s important to pick a ceiling fan that is proportionate to your bedroom size but how?
First off, calculate the square footage of your room. Multiply the width by the length of this bedroom, for example, the square footage of a 6’ by 8’ space is 48 (square feet or sq. ft.).
Next, find the ceiling fan size that you’re in need, following this table:
|Room Type||Fan Size|
|Recommended CFM Rating|
|< 100||Small bedrooms||42||1000 – 3000|
|100 < x < 225||Medium to master bedrooms||52||1600 – 4500|
The bigger the room, the more fan options.
For instance, you can choose either between a big fan or two smaller fans for a 225-square-foot master bedroom, as long as it is more cost-saving or more efficient than the other.
It’s really inconvenient to find a ladder all the time just to adjust the ceiling fan speeds so, a control system is worth considering. There are 4 common options:
- A pull chain – perfect for low ceilings
- Wall control – perfect for families with kids
- Remote control – perfect for high ceilings and people who need higher convenience levels
- Reverse rotation – perfect for seasonal changes or climate controls
Who makes the best ceiling fans for the bedroom?
Fun fact: John Hunter – founder of Hunter Fan Company – was the one who invented the very first ceiling fan in 1886. Needless to say, this is Mr. Giant in this industry and up to now, it has still been the world’s leader.
The brand that inevitably appears in this list. Founded in 1946, Westinghouse carries not only the flexibility and personal touch of a family-owned business but also the power of a 130-year brand to be the heavy competitor in this industry.
Also in the top 3, here we have Emerson, which is a big global company specializing in designing and manufacturing ceiling fans with an emphasis on class technologies and core platforms.
Should you put ceiling fans in bedrooms?
Putting a ceiling fan in your bedroom is very common.
It helps to circulate air in the room, making it cooler during the summer. It even adds style to your interior décor or some advanced models featuring reverse function to draw warm air from the ceiling to your bedroom, keeping it warmer.
How many blades are best on a ceiling fan?
According to Falahat and his team in 2011, ceiling fans featuring 4 blades are optimum for moving air in most rooms.
Where should a ceiling fan be placed in a bedroom?
As close as possible to the center of your bedroom. Besides, remember to put it no lower than 7’ from the ground and its blades at least 18” from the nearest walls.
Is a 3 or 4 blade fan better?
The more the number of your fan blade, the more friction which leads to less optimum airflow in the room. That said, a 4-blade fan will deliver better aeration than a 3-blade one.
How long should a ceiling fan last?
10 years as a maximum.
Here is the end of this article.
We guess with more practical information in hands now, you’re feeling more confident to find out the best ceiling fans for bedrooms.
Be sure to leave your questions below if you need some extra help from us. Good luck!